Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about providing strategy, leadership and direction to companies within the MEST Portfolio in order to drive the effective scaling of portfolio companies and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
To work closely with the MEST Director of Portfolio to facilitate the individual and collective success of MEST companies.
- Utilize personal skills and knowledge to mentor/advise targeted portfolio companies and ensure the overall portfolio is thriving and achieving its potential across all incubators.
- Identify and evaluate new startup investment opportunities by performing due diligence and assisting in preparing deal terms. Startup deal sources include investments from the MEST Training Program, the MEST Africa Challenge, and other investments made by the MEST fund
- Investment readiness support to MEST portfolio companies, assisting companie to raise follow-on investments
- Guide and manage exits and follow up on funding rounds of MEST portfolio companies
- Build relationships with venture investors to position the portfolio as the premier venture deal source for local and global investors
- Build the MEST brand across the continent by directly running programs and events, representing MEST as a senior leader
- Providing support to partnerships including building capacity either within MEST or with partner networks
- Ensure appropriate administration of finances and governance for MEST portfolio
companies and for MEST as an investor
- Support the Director of Portfolio in all relevant activities
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience working in management consulting, investment banking,
- venture capital or similar field
- Bachelors/ Masters degree in management, finance, business development, computer
- science, engineering or similar field
- Entrepreneurial background
- Fundraising experience
- Well organized
- Deep understanding of the startup journey
- Global experience with local expertise in markets where we operate
- Friendly and open personality
- Team player
About the company
MEST offers Africa-wide technology entrepreneur training and a network of hubs providing incubation for technology startups in Africa. Founded in Ghana in 2008, MEST provides critical skills training, and support in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s tech entrepreneurs. MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
At MEST, our strength is the quality and efficiency with which we deliver our programs to support those we serve. To date, we have trained over 330 young African entrepreneurs, supported the founding of close to 60 startups across the continent, and received global recognition for the impact we’ve had in Africa.
MEST offers a graduate-level entrepreneurial training program led by experienced global mentors open to aspiring entrepreneurs from across the African continent.
Our goal is to train, support, and invest in leaders who can become job creators and learn to build businesses solving real problems that can scale.
The MEST Training Program is a one year, full-time, fully sponsored program in which the class completes a graduate-level course in software development, business, and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.