What does the Hacklab Foundation do?
The Hacklab Foundation is a nonprofit organization focused on preparing the youth for future jobs. This is achieved through digital skills training, boot camps, hackathons, internships, job shadowing and job placements. The Foundation has successfully placed over 1,300 people in jobs since 2016 and a grown a community of over 14,000 across 12 African Countries.
The Hacklab Foundation works closely with global brands such as Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Nvidia, Arm, Vodafone Ghana, Standard Bank, IBM, etc.
Learn more about us here: www.hacklabfoundation.org
Follow us on social media:
What is Hacklab Junior?
Hacklab Junior is a sub-division of the Hacklab Foundation focused on exposing children between the ages of 7 years to 17 years to technology education through digital skills training, competitions, home tutoring and boot camps.
What is the Summer Camp about?
The Hacklab Junior Summer Camp is a 10 day bootcamp for ward between the ages of 7 years to 17 years. The program is structured to accommodate the learning curves and level of technicality based on the following age groups:
● 7 years – 10 years: Introduction to Scratch Programming & Robotics Fundamentals
● 11 years – 14 years: Intermediate Robotics & Micro-Controller Programming
● 15 years – 17 years: Advance Robotics & Micro Controller Programming
They will learn by doing – using their laptops and robotics kits provided by the Hacklab Foundation.
Can I buy robotics kits for my ward?
Yes. The Hacklab Foundation distributes robotics kits on behalf of renowned partners such as Matrix. We are happy to recommend and also purchase the right kits on your behalf for your ward.
Send all requests via WhatsApp to +233204489518
What does my ward need to bring to the summer camp?
● Laptop & Laptop charger
● Note Pad
When is the summer Camp?
Week 1: 8th August – 12th August
Week 2: 15th August – 19th August
Open Day for Parents: 19th August will be dedicated to the wards showcasing their projects to parents. After which an award and closing ceremony will follow.
NB: The venue will be open from 9am – 3pm for your wards. We recommend that parents pick up their wards before 3 pm. Any delays will have to be communicated in advance to avoid any inconveniences.
Where will the summer camp take place?
The summer camp in Accra will take place at the Stanbic Business Incubator, Mezzanine Floor, Silver Star Towers, Airport City Accra. Here is the google map link for your guidance:
Will the ward have to stay over?
No. The ward will be required to report each day before or by 10am and leave the premises latest by 3pm each day.
Will lunch be provided for them?
No provision for lunch will be made available to them. Parents are required to pack their ward’s lunch and snacks in their bags.
NB: Hacklab will not be responsible for any contamination or allergic reactions for meals brought to the premises by your ward.
How much is the summer camp fees?
● 7yrs – 10yrs: GHS 650.00
● 11yrs -14yrs: GHS 750.00
● 15yrs – 17yrs: GHS 900.00
NB: Registering two or more ward grants you up to 10% discount on the total registration fees.
What are the outcomes of my ward participating in this summer camp?
● They would have acquired fundamental and practical knowledge of programming and robotics
● They will have improved their skills to work in a team
● They will showcase their team projects on the last day of the bootcamp to all parents. The best team will be adjudged winners and will receive gifts
● All campers will receive a Certificate of Participation
● All campers will receive a digital Photo Album of the summer camp
● A Hacklab Junior Summer Camp branded T-Shirt, Stickers & Notepad.
What happens after the summer camp?
Parents who are interested in our home school program: “Code At Home”, can register their wards for their preferred sessions.
I still want to speak with someone to clarify a few items. Who can I talk to?
Call or WhatsApp us via: +233204489518
Or email email@example.com
How do I register my ward?
- Register using this link: https://paystack.com/pay/juniorsummercampaccra
- You will receive a receipt for payment via email
- An official receipt will be generated and shared with you via email to confirm funds received and registration for your ward.
Thank you for your interest in the Hacklab Junior Summer Camp.
You dont want your ward to miss out on this experience.