Applications to participate in the Deep Learning Indaba 2023 in person, Accra Ghana from the 3rd to the 9th of September 2023, are now OPEN!
Deadline: 6th March 2023, 11:59PM UTC
Below are some tips to help you as you prepare your application to the Indaba. Have a look at our full application guide for more information!
• Review the conference: Browse our website, check out the provisional programme for 2023 and the previous years’ programs to get an idea of the focus and themes of the conference. Make sure it is the right fit for you based on your background and interests in machine learning.
• Determine eligibility: This conference is open to students, early career researchers, industry professionals, and those involved in NGOs, government, or academia. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, eager to learn and help, and have some experience with machine learning or work at the intersection of machine learning with the humanities, then this conference is for you.
• Prepare your application: The application form consists of 6 sections, including preliminary information, demographics, a section for you to tell us about yourself, travel support, previous attendance, and additional information. The “Tell Us a Bit About You” section will require the most time, as you’ll need to write short essays to explain why you’re interested in attending the Indaba, describe your research, or project. You’ll also need to include a resume, CV in pdf format.
• Submit your application: Follow the instructions on the baobab application platform to submit your application, making sure to include all necessary information and attachments. You can save your application and come back to it later if needed. Please make sure to select the appropriate category that you fall into, as you may not be able to change it once you have progressed unless we intervene.
• Allow enough time: Make sure to complete the application process and submit your materials well in advance of the deadline, which is the 6th of March 2023 at 11:59PM UTC.
Do you have further questions? Please reach out to us at application at deeplearningindaba dot com
Good luck and we look forward to your applications!