Huawei Ghana has opened applications for the 2023 edition of its global flagship CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programme dubbed ‘Seeds for the Future’.
The programme scheduled for September 4 – September 15, 2023 is aimed at harnessing the ICT skills capacity of female tertiary students and bringing them up to speed with relevant industry trends.
This year’s edition in partnership with the Ministry of Communications and Digitalization, Confucius Institute of the University of Ghana, and Talent University partners, is dedicated to female tertiary students, as part of efforts in promoting more female participation in STEM.
Huawei Ghana has allocated 50 slots for the Seeds for the future programme this year.
During the programme, participants will be taken through an 8-day intensive online training with a focus on courses like: 5G, AI, Cloud Computing, Digital Power, Cybersecurity, Digital Trade, Smart City, Cross-Cultural Management, Strategic Management, and Leadership Skills.
Participants also will be engaged in series of virtual tech talks, a cultural exchange program, career guidance and mentorship sessions and a ‘Tech4Good’ competition, where the skills and knowledge they have acquired will be put to test, with the best groups awarded.
To participate in this year’s edition of the seeds for the future program, interested persons must:
• Be a Female University Student in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Year
• Have a STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) background
• Provide an up-to-date Resume/CV
• Submit a motivation letter between 400-600 words detailing why they want to participate in the program including relevant experience, interests, and expected contribution to the program
• Send their application materials to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 5:00 pm Ghana time (1700HRS GMT).