G.H.Scientific has opened up applications for the Science Journalism Fellowship 2022 as part of its mission to improve the quality of science communication and engagement. This is a free 2 day training program open to all journalists, public relations personnel, communicators and journalists in training.
Applications for the science journalism fellowship 2022 are open until close of day, 25th March 2022. Apply to be 1 of 15 selected participants and be part of the 2nd cohort of certified science communicators.
Science journalism fellowship and science communication
Our first science communication workshop was held in 2017 and saw 23 participants across 3 countries gathering at the Ghana science planetarium. The 3 day training workshop took participants through best practices in science communication when communicating to either the public or policy makers.
This year, we have created a training course refined over 5 years of conversations and science communication at G.H.Scientific across Ghana and the UK.
The two day training as part of the year long fellowship will be delivered by six carefully selected experts including Mr. Emmanuel Dogbevi (Ghana Business News), Dr. Hephzi Angela Tagoe (G.H.Scientific) and Emmanuel Kwasi Debrah (Multimedia Group).
Why should I apply?
- By applying for the Science Journalism fellowship 2022, you stand to gain hands on training on science reporting from seasoned journalists and communication experts
- Fellowship participants will be part of a larger community of science communicators, privy to exclusive information, opportunities and events.
- Get an opportunity to pitch a science story which you will be funded to to produce
- The science journalism fellowship is part of a larger vision by G.H.Scientific to build an integrated community of science communicators
- Create a free G.H.Scientific membership account here and upload all required documents
- Membership will be approved 3 days after application
- Successful fellowship applicants will be informed 3-5 days after the fellowship application deadline
- Existing G.H.Scientific members can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing their CV and copies of any previous works.
Eligibility of candidates
- You are excited about journalism, especially data-driven journalism, accurately reporting the facts and/or new forms of storytelling.
- You think analytically and have a proven track record for research and writing.
- We aim to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within the community. This is why we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.