GhScientificwas set up in 2014 with the sole purpose of building capacity in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) through public engagement and outreach activities.
The founders, Ms Hephzi Angela Tagoe, a doctoral research student and Dr. Thomas Tagoe a neuroscience researcher believe that by creating a science network and hub, all stakeholders within the field of STEM can pool together to achieve great impact. The organisation is a registered UK charity and NGO in Ghana with offices in both locations.
To be the unifying hub for the scientific community in Ghana and work collaboratively towards the advancement of STEM for Ghana’s development and that of BME communities in UK.
To build capacity in STEM through public engagement and outreach activities. Wedo this all levels of the education ladder by ;
- Promoting good science through open dialogue
- Knowledge sharing and transfer
- Supporting other scientific organizations
- Unifying scientists across the country and beyond
- Training students and professionals
- Educating and engaging the general public with science
- Providing networking opportunities
- Simplicity–Keep science communication simple for the consumption of all
- Teamwork –Collaboration is key for research breakthrough and dissemination of information
- Experience –Everyone should experience science for themselves. This is one of the best ways to Learnand they will better appreciate whatgoes into STEM research
- Access-Make science accessible for all persons .
- Measurable –Achieve significant impact through projects with measurableoutcomes.