Future Energy Leaders form a community of exceptional young professionals who share a commitment to shaping the global energy future
The World Energy Council’s Future Energy Leaders’ Programme – the FEL-100– is a global and diverse network of young energy professionals. The programme serves as a platform for engaging a limited number of ambitious young professionals in national, regional and international activities and events. Its objective is to inspire participants to become the next generation of energy leaders capable of solving the world’s most pressing challenges regarding energy and sustainability.
Through the programme, Future Energy Leaders can further their experience, knowledge and skills in an energy-focused environment and contribute to the Council’s global dialogue. FEL-100 participants are provided with the unique opportunity to create their own personal networks of like-minded, equally motivated personalities today, and together become the energy leaders of tomorrow.
Why join the programme ?
Through the programme, the FEL-100 are given unique opportunities to:
- Access and contribute to the Council’s studies and the FELs’ projects
- Create their own personal network
- Shape the vision of tomorrow’s energy system
- Attend select global, regional and national events
- Bridge the generation gap
How to join the programme ?
During the first half of every year we on-board around 35 new participants and the same number of participants are replaced. Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Should not be more than 35 years old at the time of application
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years full-time post-graduate energy-related experience
- Highly motivated and encouraged to work with the Council
- Advanced level of English
Don’t forget to check our Future Energy Leaders Programme FAQ.
For more information, please contact Sophie Rose, Head, Future Energy Leaders Programme: