We are now open for abstract submissions for the European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health 2019 (ECTMIH).
Under the theme of 25 years: investigation, innovation and implementation, ECTMIH 2019 will be a platform for showcasing and discussing research and progress in tropical medicine and global health in the twenty-first century.
It will include NTDs, malaria, HIV, TB and non-communicable diseases. We’ll look at prevention and treatment, in the context of underlying health systems and impactful external factors. It will be an excellent occasion for early career researchers, community and allied health workers and implementers to develop their knowledge and networks. It will also be an opportunity to showcase public-private partnerships.
The event is a chance to network with over 1,500 scientists and experts from across the world.
Discover the scientific tracks and submit your abstract today – deadline is 1 February 2019.
Submission instructions for authors
- Abstracts must be written in English and must be submitted as a Word file (.doc or .docx) via the online submission form.
- List maximum 10 authors.
- Abstract text is limited to maximum 350 words (abstract text excludes the title, authors and affiliations).
- Use font Arial 10 characters per inch (font size 10)
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
- Type title in CAPITALS in bold with no full stop at the end
- Type family name first followed by the initials of the first name of the authors (Rubens P.P., Van Eyck J. etc.)
- Abstract template can be downloaded here
- Type affiliation underneath the authors: Institution, Dept., City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations:
1Dept. A, Organisation A, City, Country; 2Dept. B, Organisation B, City, Country; 3Dept. C, Organisation C, City, Country
- Ideally, your abstract is structured as follows: Introduction / Aim / Methods / Results / Conclusion. In structured abstracts, paragraph headings should be typed in bold followed by a colon. Do not use the heading ‘Abstract’. Start each heading on a new line, but do not insert blank lines in between them:
Introduction: Following by text.
Aim: Following by text.
Methods: Following by text.
Results: Following by text.
Conclusion: Following by text.
- The use of References is discouraged and must be limited to max 3. When you list references use superscript numbers in the text. Use Arial font size 8 for references.
When submitting an abstract, submitting authors should bear in mind
- that presenters are NOT exempted from paying the registration fees
- that a notification email will be sent by 15 May 2019
- that the presenting author must register online by 15 June 2019