Deadline: 20 September 2017
The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA) is seeking applications for its 3rd Edition of Science by Women Programme with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in Health and biomedicine, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies as well as Economic Sciences.
The Science by Women programme will fund a total of 10 six-month visiting senior research fellowships for ten experienced African women researchers in any of the following international research centres of excellence based in Spain.
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water and Climate Change
- Agriculture and Food Safety
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies
- Economic Science
Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Flight from their centre of origin to the host institution and back
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
- Being a woman
- Nationality of an African country.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted here