Wageningen University & Research is offering free online course on Sustainable Soil Management: Soil for life. This introductory environmental studies course will explore the importance of soil to life on earth, the issues, processes and societal challenges underlying soil degradation and what can be done to ensure sustainable soil management for the future.
In this twelve-week course, applicants will learn why soil is so important, how it’s being threatened and what we can do to protect this natural resource so vital to our lives. The course will start on August 28, 2018
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Effort: 7-9 hours pw
Subject: Environmental Studies
Institution: Wageningen University & Research and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on August 28, 2018
Wageningen University and Research center are dedicated to exploring the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Learn more about WUR. WageningenX courses train (future) professionals in sustainable food systems and help consumers making informed choices about what they eat, how it is produced and the impact of their choices on the environment and society.
About This Course
Why Take This Course?
The threats to our soil span deforestation, erosion, overgrazing, use of agrochemicals, pollution and climate change. Learn what you can do to make a difference in protecting this vital natural resource.
- Why soils and sustainable soil management are so important to life on earth.
- How soils form, their functions and basics of soil degradation.
- Threats to and caring for: Soil water relations, soil fertility, and soil biodiversity.
- Effects of and solutions for Soil erosion, soil pollution, and soil Stalinization.
- Socio-economic and policy aspects of sustainable soil management.
- How you can help protect this critical natural resource.
For More Information