A great volunteering opportunity to serve and gain some valuable international experience. Comes with a modest monthly stipend ad open to Africans form countries belonging to the AU and aged 18-35yrs.
AFRICAN UNION YOUTH VOLUNTEER CORPS (AU-YVC)
Deadline: 31st July 2017
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens.
The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability. Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as part of the African Youth Volunteer Corps in an AU Member State other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2018 will be from the 11th – 31st of July 2017.
Applicants to the African Youth Volunteer Corps have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4. Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.